The Imo State Police command has arrested one Chukwuemeka Eze, for raping and murdering a 27-year-old corps member barely a week to her passing out parade.
The suspect was paraded alongside 19 others, allegedly involved in various crimes ranging from kidnapping, armed robbery, murder and child-trafficking.
Chukwuemeka Eze confessed to raping and murdering Lillian Ngbawa, who was deployed to Mgbidi, Oru West council area for her service year.
- Singer, Timaya Celebrates Daughter On 4th Birthday (photos)
- We didn’t kill Lagos cleaner, armed robbers did – Police
- “Fasten Your Seat Belts, I Warned You Against Buhari– Fayose Tells Nigerians
- (Viewer’s Discretion) A 500- level Electrical Engineering Student Identified As James Gunned Down By Cultists While Writing The First Semester Examination Today (Photos)
- “Nigeria Will Be Fully Islamized In Few Years, Igbo Can’t Be President” – Former Senate President Adolphus Wabara
He also led the police to the forest part where her body was recovered, after admitting taking her smart phone which eventually implicated him.
The Nigerian Police Force spokesperson, Frank Mba told newsmen that the suspects will be charged to court after investigation has been concluded.“I am at the Imo State Police Command at the instance of the Inspector-General of Police.
Here is Chukwuemeka Eze, who murdered an ex-corps member, Lillian Mgbanwu, after raping her.“On July 7, 2019, Eze, who pretended to be insane, took an android phone to the shop of one Ahamefule Onyeka for charging.
Onyeka reported the development to the police in Oru West. This suspect was arrested and he confessed that he took away the ex-corps member’s phone after raping her to death.
“This development is pathetic and worrisome, but we promise that justice will be served” he said.