Nigeria really has got beautiful places to travel to if only you know the right places to look. It’s got really great natural features and tourist centers you never even knew existed. What am I even saying? I never knew these places existed until I decided to do a research. I found these really amazing places, places I would love to check out personally in my life time, which, is definitely on my bucket list and I would put up pictures and write about my journey and experiences in my Itchy Feet Diaryas I explore these places so as to carry you all along.
Majority of the places listed below, I have not been to. And the places I have been, I really don’t remember what it was like but I can assure you that I did a lot of research to pick out these places among others and I can promise you that checking out these places would be totally worth it.
So I decided to put up a list of places in Nigeria you really should check out. If you’ve got Itchy Feet like me and just love to explore or you’re just looking for really nice places to go on vacation with your family or significant other, then, you’re so gonna love this list. Don’t be limited to tourist centers only in Lagos, we have an unending list outside Lagos.
- Kajuru Castle in Kaduna
- Yankari National Park, Bauchi
- Olumo Rock, Abeokuta
- MicCom Golf Resort, Osun
- Obudu Ranch, Cross River
- Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort, Akwa Ibom
- Okomu National Park, Edo
- Tinapa Free Zone and Resort, Calabar
- Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort, Ekiti
- Idanre Hills, Ondo
- Rojenny Tourist Village, Onitsha Anambra
- Jos Wildlife Park, Jos
- Oguta Lake Holiday Complex, Imo
- Ememabia Warm Spring, Benue
- Port Harcourt Tourist Beach, Port Harcourt
- The Benin City National Museum, Benin
- Abraka Turf and Country Club, Delta
- The National War Museum Umuahia, Umuahia
- IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) Forest, Ibadan
- Millennium Park, Abuja
In addition to Tourist Centers Outside Lagos
- Wonderland Amusement Park and Resort, Abuja
- Afi Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary, Cross River
- The Calabar Museum, Calabar
- National Children’s Park and Zoo, Abuja
- Ifoko Beach, Port Harcourt
- Erin IJesha (Olumirin Waterfalls), Osun
- Arochukwu Town waterfall and cave, Abia
- Chad Basin National Park, Yobe/Borno
- Old Oyo National Parl, Oyo
- NOK village , Kaduna
- Osun Sacred Grove, Osun
- Mambilla Plateau, Taraba
- Owu Waterfalls, Kwara
- Edumanom National Forest,
- Gashaka Gumti National Park, Taraba
- Okomu National Park,
- Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja
- Agodi Gardens, Ibadan
- Dunes, Abuja
- Badagry Slave Museum and Black History Museum, Badagry
- Usman Dam, Abuja
- Zuma Rock, Niger
- Thought Pyramid Art Center, Abuja
More Tourist Centres Outside Lagos
- Ado Bayero Mall, Kano
- Ibeno Beach, Akwa Ibom
- Ngwo Pine Forest, Enugu
- Awhum waterfall and monastery, Enugu
- The Giant Footprint of Ukhuse Oke, Edo
- Alok Ikom Monoliths, Cross River
- Isaac Boro Garden Park, Port Harcourt
- The Emotan Statue, Benin, Edo
- The Royal Palace of Oba of Benin, Edo
- Sukur Cultural Landscape, Adamawa
- Queen Amina’s Wall, Kaduna
- Surame Cultural Landscape, Sokoto
- Oban Hills, Cross River
- Ogbunike Caves, Enugu
- Ancient Kano City Walls, Kanu
- Abuja arts and craft Village, Abuja
- Kainji Lake, Niger
YAIKES, this was helluva list to write and trust me it was really hard for me to bring them down to just 60 places. I love to explore and I also love to travel, so yes, this was hard and also exciting and I wish you could see how excited I am to actually write this , I feel it’s gonna help me plan my travel and I hope it helps you too. Finally, you get to learn new things and cultures in addition to exploring and discovering all these amazing sites.
Have you been to any of the places listed above, if yes, which and what was it like?
Which of these places would you want to check out and why?
Have you got itchy feet like me and you wouldn’t mind being my travel buddy or would you love to sponsor my travel to any of these locations?
Feel free to hit me up and let me know what you think!
Don’t forget to comment, share and like.
Also subscribe to my blog
Written by Tofunmi Disu