Happiness is a pleasant emotional state where an individual feels joy from within and is in a state of inner peace. Everyone wants to be happy every day of week, every week of the year but sustaining a constant feeling of happiness is near impossible due to the fact that emotions change easily so today we are discussing simple ways to supercharge your inner happiness.
Haven’t you ever wished happiness came in a drug which you could easily purchase at any drugstore? I have always wondered how it would be to turn that frown or sadness in a second. Here are some tips to be happy and stay happy every day:
- Wake up with a daily Mantra: I realized having a daily mantra can set your mood right for the day and week. Mantras are like daily affirmations you tell yourself which invariably improve the quality of your life because saying out positive words to yourself helps you stay positive giving you a positive mindset throughout the day. An example of a daily Mantra I love is one I formulated myself “God has deemed me worthy to see another day, therefore I am worthy and I am loved because life is the greatest gift ever given” I love saying this to myself every morning because it makes me feel grateful to be alive and gives me a sense of self-worth. Taking this mindset into a day is awesome as any negativity thrown your way will not have the ability of hurt you. Why? Because you are worthy in the sight of God. Another example of a mantra I love is “I cannot control other people but I can control myself” I stumbled upon this line online some time ago and it stuck and has helped me overcome anger and necessary frustrations inflicted by others.
- Count your blessings no matter how small: so many people focus on the negative aspects of their lives forgetting that there are a lot of blessings to be grateful for. Feeling grateful for the blessings bestowed upon you gives you a positive mindset throughout the day. Counting your blessings help you focus on the positivity in your life. Wake up each morning and count the blessing of waking up that morning, you beat traffic to work that day that is a blessing worth counting, it rained but you got to your destination before it started pouring that is another blessing to be counted. The little things matter, the little blessings lead to the bigger blessings so count your blessings and be happy.
- Don’t let your mind get you: our minds are sometimes the bane of our existence, it is a powerful tool that tells us who we are daily. Never let yourself think negative thoughts because such thoughts will suck out the happiness and your inner peace. Giving yourself positive thoughts enhance your daily positivity and when you are positive you are happy and you can take on the world. Tell yourself “yes I can”, encourage yourself to do that job by saying “you got this”, “you can do this” shut out negativity by telling yourself “I am special”, “I am awesome”, “I am worthy” and believe every word even when the world say you aren’t or when you tell yourself you aren’t.
- Practice Mid-day Meditation: mid-day is wen all the stress of the day sets in taking off a few minutes to meditate is way of maintaining a certain level of happiness all though out the day especially when you are very stressed out during the day. When you seem overwhelmed by work or emotions that seems to threaten your happiness and inner peace a few minutes of meditation can set you right back on track. At the office you can take an excuse and go to a quiet place in your office and this can even be the rest room, take those moments of silence to get your mind right and reaffirm yourself this could be done by reciting your mantra. Do not let chaos take over your mind always ensure to maintain your inner happiness and peace.
- Be optimistic: optimism goes beyond having appositive mindset and having positive thoughts. It is maintaining a positive demure in every situation and case scenario. Optimism is the ability of understanding everything thing that comes your way, looking at it from every angle and choosing to look at it from the positive point of view. An optimist alwayslook at the bright side of things and when there seems to be no bright side he or she remains positive that everything will be alright in the end. Being optimistic gives hope and hope gives happiness because we tend to know at the back of our minds that we will always be fine no matter the challenges we face and that in itself is something to be happy about always.
- Daydream: I love day dreaming about my future it puts my thoughts in perspective and gives me the energy to forge ahead daily with the aim of slaying my goals to achieve my dreams. Thinking of how awesome and cool you are in the future is definitely an aphrodisiac no matter how bad your present seems your thoughts about your future feels you with hope and happiness. Your imagination has a great power over your emotions and imagining happiness can mean happiness in actuality.
- Use social media positively: some people believe you have to stay away from social media to maintain a happy life but not me. Some of us cannot stay off social media because it is part of our everyday lives. There are so many people who work on social media daily interacting with people therefore it is impossible to tell someone like that to stay off their means of livelihood. I agree that there is a lot of negativity going about on social media twitter and it is hard to escape this chaos that will deter your inner happiness. However, there are ways to using social media positively one of such ways is by joining a group of like-minded people with same interests. Being in a group like that is a very fun thing to do because you will have amazing conversations which will stimulate happiness.
- Live your life: many a times we allow the society and others to dictate how we should live our lives and how we should act and react to certain scenarios.We let their opinions about our lives rob us of our happiness because we can never live up to their expectations and trying to put us under unnecessary pressure that is neither good for our minds. To live happily means to live freely without pressure to live up to unreasonable standards. So live your life as freely as you possibly can neither void of responsibilities nor choked by unbearably high expectations that will rob you of your happiness.
- Be kind to yourself: we may not always meet our own standards and our expectations and that is fine, setting unreasonably high standards for yourself can stifle your happiness because you will put yourself under great pressure to meet these standards and not meeting up to these standards will leave always feeling less of yourself. Learn to give yourself a break by accepting that you are only human hence you may not achieve all your set goals and that is okay. Self-acceptance and self-love is one way to supercharge your happiness. Know who you are and accept you for you.Self-acceptance and self-love help breed inner happiness and peace especially in a situation when you fail or you aren’t meeting your own expectations instead of thinking negative thoughts and calling yourself a failure why not accept that you failed and try to work on the aspects of yourself that might have contributed to the failure.
- Forgive easily: make it conscious effort to forgive easily whether you are forgiving others for their wrong doings against you or you are forgiving yourself. The act of forgiving rids you of guilt and uneasiness caused by holding grudges. Let things go easily and give yourself your much deserved inner happiness because the weight that guilt causes resentment.
- Speak up for yourself: speaking up for yourself helps you express yourself and how you are feeling. If you do not like something make sure you speak up rather than just accepting everything given to you. We all want and need our opinions to be heard and considered to feel like a great part of the universe. Do not shy away from speaking up when you need to the worse that can happen is that your ideas or suggestions are rejected but at least you are sure you tried hence you will not have the burden of those thoughts. Airing your views and your opinions especially on things that matter to you give you a sense fulfillment. If you keep your opinions to yourself instead of giving them out most of your unsharedthoughtswill end up a burden and this threatens your happiness.
The following are ways above help to supercharge your inner happiness and help to constantly leave you in a state of utter happiness and peace. Ensure you practice these steps daily to live a happier life.
Author Bio: Hello, I am Destiny Awata (@deeawata) a lifestyle blogger and content creator who advocates living your best life. I aspires to inspire with my words and you can check out my personal blog DeeAwata and connect with me on Instagram @deeawata because I love making new friends.
WHAT MATTERS MORE
WHAT MATTERS MORE
Everyone is special. We all have our uniqueness and dynamic features that distinguish us from another.
Our gender, color, tribe, religion, and race makes up our personalities and differentiates us from the other.
Our personality is defined by the brand we carry, the value we possess and the reputation we command.
God has created us Beautiful and unique but we are all still the same creatures created and preciously orchestrated by him.
Despite our differences, nature has a way of packing us in one box and making our camaraderie palpable.
We all get nourished by the pale yellow sun that emerges peacefully at dawn. We feel the wrath of the fierce sun at sunset and enjoy its invigorating essence at dusk. We all get blown away by the inertia of stillness that splurges at twilight accompanied by natures choristers enchanting in an organized symphony far beyond the range of consciousness.
We all love to watch the moon as it amazingly travels around the horizon with the stars perched around the galaxy like a chandelier. We all love and want to be loved. We all get emasculated from the changing tempos of life and get energized when we stumble on windfall success to crown our effort.
There are thousand and one ways that nature brings us together, meaning that God idea is unity and not division. Hence the capacity some of us have built, the torrent flowing knowledge we have acquired and the affluence we have gathered along the aisles of togetherness should not disassociate us from each other in as much as we all still fly on natures wings, we’re still the same.
Let us not understand our differences but let’s forget them and move ahead as comrades in the battle with the behemoth called LIFE and defeat him together. Whether old, young, male, female, fair, dark, big or small, peace is the only answer to the myriads of question forming in our minds. Let the peace serum be inserted into our daunted soul to douse our palpable tension.
All that matters is not what you have become but who you really are.
THE NOAH’S ARK
THE NOAH’S ARK
To many of us, Noah’s ark arouses a lot of thoughts in our minds and especially to the Christians. We all believe the only lesson learned in this story is being obedient to God but that’s not all there is to the story.
Looking back and I pondered on this story I realized that there is a lesson we are all missing in it. The question we have all refused to ask ourselves is ‘HOW DID THE SNAIL GET INTO THE ARK?’ the snail by its nature is a very slow and sluggish animal but it eventually entered the ARK that some humans could not enter.
This must sound a note of warning to us all. Don’t ever think your progress is too slow. The one step you take now is a step closer to your dreams. You can never be too late for the success pitch. No matter how slow your going might be, what matters is that You are moving, you are not where you used to be. The steps you take each day gets you an inch closer to your goals.
Never give up on yourself. You are making progress believe me, dear, Once your will to never quit becomes stronger each and everyday ; your dreams would never quit on you. Quitters are COWARDS.
When you are running your race at your own pace, you are liable to get better results. A lot of people who thought their progress is too slow and had to run the way others do end up frustrated. You are who you are. There’s no replica and it’s just you in this race.
Don’t be pressured by other people’s success. Look at yourself, be motivated to operate at your own best level. While on the success track there are going to be ups and downs, emptiness, depression, failures name it; what matters is that you never drop your baton. In Olympic games, it does not matter who comes last, whoever crosses the line as a runner will be celebrated.
This same logic applies to success. It is not about getting there before others, it is about you fulfilling your destinies here on earth at your appointed time. Be encouraged today if the snail could make it into the ARK then you can make it to your goals in life!!!
THE POWER OF THOUGHTS
THE POWER OF THOUGHTS.