Setting Up The Place For Baking
If you missed out on the first part of this post, you can read it up here. Today we will be looking at the preparation part
Steps Involved in Baking
- Prepare your baking pan by greasing it with butter and then sprinkling some flour around it. As an alternative, if you don’t have enough butter to grease the pan, you can make use of groundnut oil.
- Place a high aluminum plate into an empty pot ( the pot must be big enough to contain your baking pan), cover the pot tightly and leave to heat up for like 10 minutes.
Preparing the cake
- Turn the butter and sugar into a bowl large enough to contain it
- Mix it together ( you can use a cake mixer; in the absence of one, use a turning stick) till it becomes very creamy or fluffy.
- When it is creamy enough, add the eggs them mix together again.
- Add the flour, baking powder, flavor, milk (optional), coloring (if it’s a chocolate cake) and mix all together.
- Turn it into the baking pan, open the hot pot and place the pan on the high aluminum plate (do not place the pan directly into the pot). You might want to cover the pot with a foil before placing the cover to prevent heat from escaping (you need enough heat to bake the cake)
After covering the pot, leave for some minutes long enough to allow the cake bake. To know when the cake is done, deep a toothpick into the center of the cake and pull out. If the toothpick is comes out clean, then the cake is done but if it comes out moist then leave to bake for few more minutes.
When the cake is done, turn it into a plate or tray. You can leave it to cool for few seconds before turning it into a tray or plate.